Fresh and Dewy Bold Neon Look with Maybelline New York Products
Today, I’d like to share with you a fresh neon makeup look that I’ve come up with, in collaboration with Maybelline Makeup India, on the launch of their Bold Matte lipsticks. It is the newest range of lip color and is available in 5 vibrant shades, with a brilliant matte texture.
I prepared this makeup look using the Maybelline lipstick shade MAT 5 and other products from the brand. Neons are back in fashion and one can easily see them trending in clothing, shoes and even accessories. This look is fresh and dewy, making it perfect to go with the current rainy season. Check it out below:
Below is a step by step tutorial to achieve the look:
2) If you have oily skin, then it is best to apply a bit of compact powder to keep your face shine-free. I’ve found Maybelline New York’s Dream Matte powder to be quite good to keep your face free of oil and shine whole day.
3) Now coming to the eyes, I have tried to define the shape with basic brown eyeshadow, add a bit of soft sparkle to them using a light champagne eyeshadow and a bit of drama with a winged black liner. You can skip the “winged” part if you don’t like it. The look would look great even with simple lining of the eyes.
- Apply Maybelline ClearGlow Shine-free Clear Stick on your eye lids to even out the skintone.
- Then apply some powder to keep your eye lids free of oil and dirt for hours.
- Next take a light champagne eyeshadow and apply it on the center of your lids and a bit under the highest arch of your brows.
- Next take a brown eyeshadow and lightly apply it on the outer V of your eyelids.
- Blend well.
- Take a black liquid eyeliner and line your eyes. I’ve created a winged look here.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
4) Give a soft dewy touch to your face by using Maybelline Dream touch blush – 07 on your cheeks, on the bridge of your nose and a bit on your chin as well. Blend well to give a seamlessly defined look. This blush gives a lovely soft flush along with highlighting the areas.
5) Next apply Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte Lipstick on your lips. I’ve applied the shade MAT 5 and it is a gorgeous coral neon shade which is quite hydrating, smooth going and a great flattering shade for my skintone. What I love the most about this lipstick is its soft dewy glow, which makes it a comfortable wear. If you are planning to start with neons, you can start with this. It does brighten up the face and the whole look but doesn’t look OTT at all.
And here it the finished look:
A bit of vintagy touch:
Products used to create this look:
|Maybelline New York’s Dream Matte powder, Maybelline New York Chai Latte Quad – 22, Maybelline New York Colossal Mascara, Maybelline New York BB Cream, Maybelline New York BB Stick, Maybelline New York Dream Touch Blush – 7, Maybelline New York Hypersharp Ultra-Fine Liner, Maybelline NEw York Colorsensational Bold Matte Lipstick – MAT 5|