Hugo Boss Woman Perfume review :
The original Hugo Boss Perfume for women, got launched in year 1997 as Eau De Toilette. The perfume claimed to have a fresh and airy floral and fruity fragrance. It got a makeover by the brand by the end of 2014 and got launched in a new avatar as Eau de Parfum in year 2015.
This fragrance has captivating top notes of Italian mandarin, Himalayan red grass harmonized with Boysenberry. Middle notes intromit Jasmine sambac, Black plum, Iris, Indian black tea. Uniting the group in end notes are Sandalwood, Cedarwood and Amber.
My experience with Hugo Woman Eau de Parfum Hugo Boss for women:
I got my bottle of Hugo Woman by Hugo Boss last year only and despite the fact that I was quite inquisitive about this fragrance, because of the brand name and its immense popularity (even of the original Hugo Boss for women perfume), I somehow found it ok. The fragrance has fruity flavour to it, as it starts with the notes of Mandarin with a bit of herbal touch to it (attributed to Himalayan Red grass). I can’t smell much of Boysenberry in it, probably because of the dominating notes of Italian Mandarin.
This Hugo Women perfume fades down to more of Cedar and amber, with just a hint of presence of Sandalwood in it. Somehow, I couldn’t get much of the middle notes from this fragrance – Jasmin Sambac with Indian black tea is a bit noticeable, however Black Plum and Iris somehow loose their presence to the starting and end notes.
Overall a decent fragrance for people who like fruity fragrances with a bit of warm brew. The good thing about this perfume is its staying power as it stays put for 5-6 hours. The soft fragrance of Cedar and amber do feel good and relaxing, especially when your hectic day is coming to an end.
The packaging of this perfume is simple, classy and gorgeous. Not very feminine in my opinion, but its easy to carry and the bottle is sturdy. For me the fragrance is more of day time appropriate rather than something I’d prefer wearing in night outs. Also, this is a fragrance I can consider wearing for Spring, summers and fall season.
Let us have a quick look at some of the likes and dislikes I’ve felt about this perfume:
- Nice simple and elegant packaging.
- A refined fruity fragrance balanced with a bit of herbal and floral notes, that end in soft woody notes. Love its equilibrized approach, making it perfect for day wear.
- Longevity is good. Stays put for 5-6 hours, which is appropriate when you are spending lots of time amongst people and don’t have much time to see if you are smelling alright!
- The fragrance feels more appropriate for 18-25 age group.
- Though a lot has gone into the middle notes of the fragrance, only Jasmine with a hint of Indian black tea is noticeable.
- For all the hoopla around it, I found the fragrance just ok, nothing very special.
3.5/5 (Above Average)
Overall: Hugo Boss for Women (2015) is a decent fragrance for everyday wear, however I don’t think its a must have. I liked Boss Femme Eau De Parfum better than this one.
Online Availability: Hugo Boss Eau De Parfum for women can be purchased online with Worldwide shipping HERE
Also available HERE